Recipe by neistraj
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. I came up with this variation of mashed potatoes while trying to think of a side dish to compliment my baked hot wings. Typically, wings are served with a side of blue cheese dressing for dipping and greasy fries. I wanted a potato dish without the extra grease. This is a tasty alternative (if I must say so myself). These flavors are a match made in heaven!
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce (Texas Pete)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (diced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Follow heating instructions for ‘Traditional Mashed Potatoes’:.
- • Peel film at corner of Simply Potatoes package to vent and heat on high for 3 minutes in microwave.
- • Completely remove film and stir.
- • Microwave on high for 1 additional minute.
- Transfer heated mashed potatoes to large mixing bowl.
- Stir in sour cream and buffalo wing sauce (mix well).
- Fold in crumbled blue cheese and green onions (mix well).
- Serve and enjoy!