Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 354.88 ml Smucker's® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter or 354.88 ml Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml salt
- 709.77-946.36 ml powdered sugar
- 473.18 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 29.58 ml Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- COMBINE peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt in large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on LOW until blended. Add 2 cups powdered sugar, beating until blended. Beat in additional powdered sugar until mixture, when shaped into a ball, will stay on a toothpick. Shape into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate.
- PLACE chocolate chips and shortening in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until mixture is smooth. Reheat as needed while coating peanut butter balls.
- INSERT toothpick in peanut butter ball. Dip 3/4 of ball into chocolate, leaving top uncovered to resemble a buckeye. Remove excess. Place on wax paper-lined tray. Remove toothpick. Smooth over holes. Refrigerate until firm.
- SPICY BUCKEYES: ADD 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper with peanut butter mixture in step 1. Continue recipe as directed.
An excellant recipe. A mixture of peanut butter and chocolate how could things get better??