Recipe by Wendy W88
A favorite of Ohioans, these look like the real thing and are very simple to make. Great for chocolate/peanut butter lovers!
Top Review by katerhansen
This recipe makes FAR more than the 24-48 listed. I ended up with 112 and they were not small either! I managed to get all 3 lbs of sugar worked in using my stand mixer with the dough hook attachment and then resorting to kneading in the last 1/2 lb or so. They are delicious!
- 1 lb butter
- 2 lbs peanut butter
- 3 lbs powdered sugar
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 ounces paraffin wax
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first three ingredients and form into little balls about the size of quarters.
- Mixture will be dry.
- Melt chocolate chips and wax in microwave or double broiler.
- With a toothpick, dip peanut butter balls in chocolate to coat, leaving top exposed like a Buckeye.
- Place onto wax paper to cool.
- Cover toothpick holes when chocolate has dried.