Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 6 leaves fresh basil, chopped (1 Tsp reserved for garnish)
- 4 slices Italian bread
- 1⁄3 cup fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices prosciutto
- Preheat broiler.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato, olive oil, garlic and basil; mix well.
- place bread slices in broiler and grill until golden brown.
- Remove from broiler and, while still warm, top with tomato mixture, mozzarella, salt and pepper, prosciutto and remaining basil.
- Drizzle with additional olive oil.
- Serve immediately.