Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Lovely garden fresh bruschetta over pasta. evolved from Canadian Living mag.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 cup packed fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄3 cup grated asiago cheese or 1⁄3 cup romano cheese or 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until tender but firm, about 8 minutes.
- Reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid, drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, chop tomatoes.
- Chop basil finely.
- Add tomatoes and basil to pasta.
- Add reserved cooking liquid, cheese, red onion, capers, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
Absolutely loved it........ only changed one thing and that was I used balsamic vinegar instead of wine vinegar :)
Great simple and fast dinner. More importantly, it is super easy to scale to the number of servings you need. I used fresh basil and Balsamic vinegar. It was perfect fast and light dinner one night while I was home by myself. I will be making it again in the future for sure.
wow. This recipe was awesome. At nine months pregnant,I am too exhausted to spend hours cooking and need something quick. This is not only healthy but delicious. Thanks so much for sharing.