1/1 Photo of Brune Kager (Ginger Cookies)
This recipe was submitted by Mrs. Skov for use in the Silver Anniversary Edition of the International Food Fair Cookbook. It has been posted for the Zaar World Tour 6. (note: yield is estimated as it depends on the size of the cookies that you cut.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine molasses, brown sugar and shortening in pan.
- 2Heat and cook 4 minutes then cool to lukewarm.
- 3Stir in 1 cup of the flour and the remaining ingredients.
- 4Stir in remaining flour.
- 5Roll out on a lightly floured surface until 1/8 inch thick or thinner.
- 6Cut chosen shapes with cookie cutters.
- 7Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and place a sliver of almond in the center of each cookie.
- 8Bake at 375 F for about 5 minutes.
- 9Watch closely so they don't burn.
- 10Mrs. Skov adds that these cookies will keep in a tight container "almost forever" -- at least 2 months.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brune Kager (Ginger Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (1249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2621.6
- Calories from Fat 946
- Total Fat 105.1 g
- Saturated Fat 26.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1323.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 403.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 200.2 g
- Protein 22.9 g