Recipe by Lingering_Dream
This is a recipe that my mom has used for years when having large groups of people over for brunch. It is a very good recipe and you can even put it together the night before and just pop it in the oven in the morning!
Top Review by lmaiorana
Great recipe! I used a whole bag of frozen hash browns. Not sure if either being frozen or including a whole bag in the recipe caused for a longer baking time. At 50 min., the dish was still runny. I drained some of the runny egg out and still had to cook it about another 15-20 minutes. I think next time I may mix all the ingredients together to bake rather than in layers.
- 1 lb hot bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the sausage in a skillet until browned, stirring to cumble; then drain.
- Place the hash browns in a lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish; sprinkle with salt.
- Layer the sausage, cheese, and green pepper.
- Combine eggs and milk, stirring well; pour on top of the other ingredients in the dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes.