Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I use to make these brownies all the time for my wee ones. My DD still wants me to make them often, but since she is the only one at home now and she is the only one that likes chocolate I don't make them every time she asks, because she eats them all up real quick. They are absolutely delicious, and so moist and flavorful. I really don't remember where I got the recipe from but I do know I have been making them for over 25 years. Not hard to make either even for a newbie. I personally do not put in the chopped nuts, it is totally optional, does not affect the outcome. No need for icing on these brownies at all
- 1 cup butter
- 4 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped nuts (optional)
- Melt the butter and chocolate over low heat in a 5 or 6 qt saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar and let cool a bit.
- Add eggs in one at a time beating with a spoon after each egg until well blended.
- Add flour,vanilla and salt and stir well
- If adding nuts add them to the mixture and blend well with a spoon.
- Pour mixture into a greased 13 x 9 pan and put into preheated oven at 350.
- for 30 - 35 minutes. Brownies will be done when you insert a toothpick in center and it comes out clean. Cool pan on wire rack.
These are l delicious moist brownie that will have you running back to the pan for more than one! We loved the addition of the nuts. To me it only makes them better!
I can see why your DD likes this brownie. Very tasty and moist. I added the optional chopped (walnuts) nuts. Made for Every Day Holiday Tag.