Like many people we are eating healther and cutting out sugars, oils, and trying to use wheat alternatives. The recipe below is for our brownies without those things. As good as they taste, we wouldn't know they weren't the real sugary thing if we had not made them ourselves! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease an 8x8” pan.
- 3Whisk together applesauce, cocoa, and agave.
- 4Whisk egg whites into mixture one at a time.
- 5Stir in vanilla and salt until blended.
- 6Stir in spelt until the mixture is smooth but no longer than that.
- 7Blend in almonds if you desire.
- 8Pour into greased pan.
- 9Bake for 25 minutes in preheated oven.
- 10Remove from oven and completely cool before cutting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brownies Agave
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 30.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 87.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: