Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
Serve this at your next cookout or family get-together.
- 1 (19 7/8 ounce) box fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen dark sweet cherries, halved
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate flavored syrup
- Heat oven to 350. Grease 13x9-inch pan with shortening. In large bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water, almond extract and eggs with spoon until well-blended. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In another large bowl, mix ice cream and cherries. Place heaping spoonfuls of ice cream mixture over brownies; lightly press with back of spoon to smooth.
- Freeze at least 1 hour before serving.
- If too firm to cut, let stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Drizzle individual servings with syrup.
- Garnish with a mint leaf and maraschino cherry if desired.