Recipe by Sage
An old fashioned cookie from Jean Pare's Timeless Recipes. Very tasty and so handy and ready to serve in no time. Refrigerator cookies are making a come back at our place.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup skor toffee pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and brown sugar together in large bowl.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Add vanilla. Mix.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Divide in two and shaped inot rolls or try this:.
- Line an empty fil box for with plastic wrap.
- Spoon cookie dough into the box, packing it well in the corners.
- You need 2 boxes for this recipe.
- Refrigerate overnight or until ready to bake.
- Slice 1/4 inch thick.
- Arrange on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in 375°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes until browned.
- Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
- You can replace the butter with hard margarine.
- Instead of Skor Jean Pare made these with chopped almonds.