Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
An old fashioned cookie from Jean Pare's Timeless Recipes. Very tasty and so handy and ready to serve in no time. Refrigerator cookies are making a come back at our place.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup skor toffee pieces
- Cream butter and brown sugar together in large bowl.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Add vanilla. Mix.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Divide in two and shaped inot rolls or try this:.
- Line an empty fil box for with plastic wrap.
- Spoon cookie dough into the box, packing it well in the corners.
- You need 2 boxes for this recipe.
- Refrigerate overnight or until ready to bake.
- Slice 1/4 inch thick.
- Arrange on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in 375°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes until browned.
- Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
- You can replace the butter with hard margarine.
- Instead of Skor Jean Pare made these with chopped almonds.