Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe during the Christmas 2009 season in a local newspaper. I haven't tried it myself yet but it looks delicious. The recipe says it is a great glaze for rum cake but I bet it would be fabulous over vanilla pound cake too.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 cups icing or 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- In a small pan melt 3 tablespoons butter and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Cook 5-8 minutes until bubbly and brown.
- Add 3 tablespoons dark rum and whisk for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, add 2 cups sifted icing/confectioners' sugar and 1 tablespoons evaporated milk.
- Pour over cake.
I've had a Zaar cake recipe I've been wanting to make for a while now, and this recipe provided the perfect "frosting on the cake!" Made for my mother-in-law's Celebration of Life funeral luncheon held here at our house today. I was sooo very pleased with how this Rum Frostinig/Glaze complimented the Chocolate Orange Cream Cheese Pound Cake #14964, and so very proud that I could share Zaar AND this recipe with family and friends on this memorable day. This Glaze cooks up and pours really well and the 3 tablespoons of Rum is all that is needed to give it that extra kick. Everyone LOVED it! Thanks my "adopted" PAC baby for sharing. Made for Spring, 2010 PAC.
Yum! I only used 3/4 cup icing sugar and it was already spreadable. More flavor too, with less sugar.