1/1 Photo of Brown Sugar Rum Glaze
Roxanne J.R.'s Note:
I found this recipe during the Christmas 2009 season in a local newspaper. I haven't tried it myself yet but it looks delicious. The recipe says it is a great glaze for rum cake but I bet it would be fabulous over vanilla pound cake too.
My Private Note
9" bund ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small pan melt 3 tablespoons butter and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- 2Cook 5-8 minutes until bubbly and brown.
- 3Add 3 tablespoons dark rum and whisk for about 1 minute.
- 4Remove from heat, add 2 cups sifted icing/confectioners' sugar and 1 tablespoons evaporated milk.
- 5Pour over cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Sugar Rum Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.2
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 96.1 mg
- Sodium 332.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 40.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: