Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are soft, tasty cookies. Kids love them (so do I!).
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Bring raisins and water to a boil.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add raisins and 1/2 cup of the liquid and mix well.
- Add flour mixture, mix well then add walnuts.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
This recipe was very delicious. I did alter it a little however, by not adding raisins or walnuts. They still came out delicious.Also I would recommend only adding a 1/4 teaspoon of salt.