Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A variation of an old favorite generally served on hot puddings as a garnish. Try this one with gingery-spicy puddings. From the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 2 tablespoons butter (no substitutions)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cream (more if needed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh is best)
- Cream butter; add sugar gradually, beating well.
- Add salt, cream and lemon juice; continue beating until you get a light texture.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.