Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick, tasty and simple sauce that will wow your guests! Recipe probably originated from TOH, but I tweaked it to fit our tastes. This is wonderful in the summertime when it is too hot to turn on the oven but you want something a little fancier than plain ice cream. PS - If I'm having a dinner party, I scoop the ice cream into dessert dishes the day before and keep in the freezer until needed.
- 44.37 ml light brown sugar
- 29.58 ml butter (not margarine)
- 29.58 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 59.14 ml pecans, toasted
- 59.14 ml coconut, toasted
- vanilla ice cream
- Over low heat, combine brown sugar, butter and milk until sugar is melted and not gritty.
- Add in vanilla, cinnamon, bananas. Cook for 1 min (or longer but we don't like the taste of cooked bananas.)
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Top individual servings of ice cream with sauce and sprinkle toasted pecans and coconut over top. Serve immediately.
We do the same without the nuts and coconut- will add next time though- such a wonderful treat- thanks for posting this keeper !
Nice.It went over well in our house. Thanks.