1/1 Photo of Brown Butter and Scallion Mashed Potatoes
1 hr 10 mins
The most delicious mashed potatoes ever! The scallions provide sweetness, and the brown butter adds a nuttiness. Please follow ingredient amounts exactly...I know it may seem like a lot of scallions but its not.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover potatoes with cold water by 2 inches in a 5-to 6-quart heavy stock pot and add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- 2Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- 3Drain potatoes in a collander, then return to pot and cook over moderate heat, shaking pot ocasionally, until dry, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4Mash hot potatoes with masher or force through food mill into another pot, then cover to keep warm.
- 5Bring milk with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt just to a boil in a 1-quart saucepan, then remove from heat and stir into potatoes until combined.
- 6Stir in sour cream, then cover and keep warm.
- 7Cook butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat, stirring frequently and scraping up brown bits, until foam subsides and butter is golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- 8Add scallions and pepper and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- 9Fold butter mixture into mashed potatoes and season with salt.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Butter and Scallion Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.2
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Sodium 912.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 7.7 g