Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from the Busy Peoples Low-Carb Cookbook by Dawn Hall. I like to serve this as a Main Dish with brown rice and a salad. It would also go nicely with spaghetti and garlic bread !
- 1 eggplant, peeled and sliced lengthwise into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup zesty fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, drained
- 1 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- Place top oven rack 3 inches below broiler and preheat the broiler.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with a non fat cooking spray or olive oil spray.
- Put a single layer of eggplant slices on the sprayed pan.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup of salad dressing on the eggplant slices and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Broil the eggplant for three minutes,turn over and drizzle with rest of the italian dressing and broil for 7 minutes or until tender.
- Spread the diced tomatoes over the eggplant and sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella.
- Top off with Italian seasoning.
- Put it under the broiler until the cheese is golden brown -- about 3 minutes.
- Enjoy !
This was a great lunch! I followed directions perfectly and it turned out amazing! So much flavor without all of the nasty fat and calories. Thanks for the keeper! :)
mmmm! this is so delicious. a healthy twist on a classic favorite of mine. could not believe it was low fat! thanks for a keeper.
A easy, healthy way to prepare eggplant but it's not our favorite. Eggplant doesn't have alot of flavor by itself and the ingredients didn't seem to liven it up that much. We prefer the baked version for a heartier dish.