Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from the 'City Times' newspaper. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to substitute the broccoli with cauliflower and try it soon.
- 1 1⁄2 cups refined flour (maida)
- 250 g broccoli, cut into long pieces
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil the broccoli with a little salt and black pepper for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the salt.
- Add just enough water to form a soft dough.
- Roll out small circles of approximately 14 cm diameter.
- Heat oil (a tsp. or two) on a flat bottomed pan (tava) and place a cicle of the dough (made in step 4), one at a time, on the tava.
- Cook on either side till lightly golden-brown (brown specs will appear).
- Then, flip and cook on the other side till done (same way, until light brown specs will appear).
- Then, remove from the pan, drain excess oil.
- Spread the mayonnaise on it.
- Put three pieces of tomatoes and broccoli in the middle from the top to the bottom and roll.
- Wrap it with tissue.
I tried this because it was different and I love broccoli. But I have to say its a bit to different. It was quite the mess. Sorry.