Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Broccoli even a picky eater will eat. From the Commissary Cookbook.
- 4 cups broccoli
- 1 package ramen noodles (oriental flavor)
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Prepare noodles according to package directions (2-3 minutes).
- Do not add flavoring.
- Drain noodles and toss in corn oil.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water (1-2 minutes) and drain.
- Refresh under cold water.
- Mix lemon juice, honey, pepper, salt, and noodle flavoring; and combine with broccoli and noodles.
- Before reheating, stir in peanuts.
- Reheat in microwave (2-3 minutes).
This was super quick and very yummy. I used peanut oil as I realized I had neither corn oil or peanuts - I thought this was a good substitute. I may use less lemon juice next time as this was a little soupy and I was not going for soupy. But, it had a great flavor - like something from our favorite Chinese restaurant. Thanks!
Broccoli @ Ramen are a perfect match. I steam Ramen in the micircowave with 1/2 cup of water- 3 minutes covered . Throw in frozen broccoli, throw out seasoning packet(too much unneeded sodium for me)Cook an additional 3 minutes on high-uncovererd. Wham bam, a healthy fast lunch. Works equally well with other veggies or seafood
Made it for PAC Spring 2007. I'm not going to rate it cause the combination of honey and lemon juice is not my taste. I thought that the taste of te noodles will be overpowering but no the honey and lemon was there. I used mushroom flavor noodles. The broccoli was the best in this dish. So, due to personal taste I'm not rating this recipe, but thanks Pickyeater for posting! UPDATE: Next day that I tasted it, was very Good. So I made it again and had it for the next day's lunch. Wordeful! Its amazing how the taste change!