Recipe by PickyEater
Broccoli even a picky eater will eat. From the Commissary Cookbook.
Top Review by Annette NC
This was super quick and very yummy. I used peanut oil as I realized I had neither corn oil or peanuts - I thought this was a good substitute. I may use less lemon juice next time as this was a little soupy and I was not going for soupy. But, it had a great flavor - like something from our favorite Chinese restaurant. Thanks!
- 4 cups broccoli
- 1 package ramen noodles (oriental flavor)
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare noodles according to package directions (2-3 minutes).
- Do not add flavoring.
- Drain noodles and toss in corn oil.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water (1-2 minutes) and drain.
- Refresh under cold water.
- Mix lemon juice, honey, pepper, salt, and noodle flavoring; and combine with broccoli and noodles.
- Before reheating, stir in peanuts.
- Reheat in microwave (2-3 minutes).