1/1 Photo of Broccoli Pasta in a Fresh Tomato Sauce
Determined to create my very own, 100% original pasta recipe, which I could call "mine" in all honestly, I made this for lunch today and was so thrilled with its fresh, light taste that I just HAD to post it and let everyone know that I'm not as unimaginative as I though! :) Reserving the pasta water saves some of the nutrients of broccoli from getting wasted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- 2Add pasta and cook for about 5-8 minutes.
- 3Stir in broccoli and cook 5-8 minutes more, or until pasta is al dente.
- 4Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the water.
- 5Heat oil in a medium saucepan and saute the chopped onion until translucent.
- 6Add the chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of the pasta-broccoli water.
- 7Cover the saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 8Uncover, increase the flame to high, and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the most of the water has evaporated.
- 9Remove from heat and season with basil, parsley and oregano.
- 10Stir in the cooked pasta-broccoli mixture and mix well to coat.
- 11Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve hot!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Pasta in a Fresh Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (530 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.4
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 9.9 g