Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Kid favorite and a way to get them to eat broccoli.
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, steamed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 8 ounces shredded Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter and Velveeta in a large skillet over low heat,stirring often.
- Stir in milk until well blended.
- Add broccoli, chicken, macaroni, and garlic; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle each serving with shredded Cheddar cheese, and serve immediately.
I did what the recipe said, but when I melted the butter and Velveeta together, the cheese never thinned out. Melted, but too thick for sauce.
We really enjoyed this meal. Easy to make with clear, easy to follow directions. Thought the sauce was a little thin so added a bit more Velveeta.