Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very tasty and easy to make. Everyone liked this one. My new daughter-in-law Jessica gave us her family recipe and I adapted it to make it gluten free.
- 1 kg frozen broccoli
- 4 -5 chicken breasts, cut 1/2 inch strips
- 2 cups chicken stock (canned or homemade)
- 4 tablespoons rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Spread frozen broccoli in dish; set aside.
- Fry strips of chicken breast in oil or butter until done. Place over broccoli.
- Whisk chicken stock and remaining ingredients together.
- (You may bring to a boil in microwave, stirring occasionally. This is an optional step).
- Pour over chicken and broccoli.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 40- 50 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Serve with rice.
We loved this. I used 1.5 cups of stock since the other review said it had too much -- it turned out just right. Added a bit more mayo and some garlic powder. Also, kept the breasts whole, browned them in a skillet and then baked them in the casserole. It was tender, tasty and healthy. Even our 3 yr old ate it!
This smelled soooooo good coming out of the oven, but we were disappointed in the lack of flavor it had once we sat down to eat it. There was sooo much broth, we served it over bread, but it was still just okay. Great potential though - maybe we would have liked it better with 'real' mayo as opposed to vegan.