Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe, just slightly tweaked, was found in the 2005 cookbook, The Best Recipes in the World.
- 226.79 g broccoli, trimmed & cut into bite-size pieces
- 226.79 g cauliflower, trimmed & cut into bit-size pieces
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juice & zest of
- In a steamer cook the broccoli & cauliflower for 8 minutes or until just tender, then drain & run under cold water to stop the cooking. Drain again & set aside.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add the garlic & cook for 3 minutes, or until it is golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add drained vegetables & turn heat to high, cooking & stirring only when necessary, until vegetables begin to brown.
- Add lemon zest & cook another minute.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil & the lemon juice, then taste & adjust seasoning. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Quick and easy and full of flavor. Made just as written. Another keeper.
This is very good. I particularly liked browning the vegetables, it seemed to draw more flavor out of the vegetables. Next time I'll start the veggies with just the cauliflower and then add the broccoli after a couple of minutes because I thought my broccoli was overdone. Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag.
* Reviewed for August Recipe Swap in the Aussie NZ Forum * Loved this recipe- simple but with great flavour. I steamed the veges using the microwave this morning and then followed the recipe for our evening dinner. THanks SYd...another yummy recipe. Photo also to be posted