Recipe by kay eleven
Broccoli cauliflower cheesy goodness.
Top Review by Dominick & Amanda
This was really good! I used almond milk instead of regular milk. I also melted some butter and stirred in some bread crumbs then added it to the mixture while it was in the crock pot. I served it over baked potatoes and it tasted delicious! We will definitely be making this again. :)
- 5 cups broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 5 cups cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli and cauliflower in sauce pan with water until crisp but tender and set them aside till later.
- Make the cheesy sauce by melting butter in a pan over low heat. Blend in flour and salt then add milk all at once and cook quickly.
- Stir constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Add the cheese and stir it until it's smooth.
- Combine veggies and sauce in slow cooker making sure they are mixed together well.
- Cover and cook for 1hour and a half on low.