Recipe by Haileysgrndma
This recipe was given to me by my husband's Aunt Julia. It has been in the family for years. We serve it at all the family gatherings The children love it and are disappointed if someone doesn't make it. I double this to take to potlucks and always get asked for the recipe. This make be refrigerated or frozen before cooking.
Top Review by sarabeth123
My husband and I enjoyed this very yummy broccoli casserole. Quick, easy and had a wonderful rich, comforting creamy sauce. The cracker crumb topping was also a nice crunchy touch. Thank you Haileysgrndma.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheese cracker crumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli 5 minutes; drain well.
- Combine next 6 ingredients to make sauce.
- Combine sauce with broccoli.
- Pour into an 8x8-inch casserole dish.
- Sprinkle top with cracker crumbs.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Don't substitute salad dressing for the mayonnaise, it will make the casserole runny.