Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came out of a cookbook that I found on one of my many trips to the thrift shop book searches.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (7 ounce) packagedry macaroni noodles
- 2 cups cooked chopped broccoli
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until tender.
- Drain, and set aside.
- While macaroni is cooking, melt the butter and stir in the flour, salt and pepper.
- When that mixture is smooth, add the milk slowly, and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Fold in the mayonnaise.
- Place layers of macaroni, broccoli and sauce in a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, ending with sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.