1/3 Photos of Broccoli and Green Bean Polka
Adding crunchy cashews and fresh almonds to broccoli and beans is a really great way of serving these two simple green vegetables. It makes you want to eat them for ever.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a large bowl half full with cold water and drop in a few handfuls of ice cubes,set aside.
- 2Plunge the broccoli florets into a large pan of salted boiling water, bring the water back to the boil, and simmer for 1 minute.
- 3Drain and refresh in the iced water.
- 4Repeat with the beans, then drain both vegetables and dry them on a cloth.
- 5Put the oil in a wok or large, non-stick frying pan and set over a high heat. When you can just see a haze rising add the cashews and toss until browned.
- 6Add the broccoli and saute for 2 minutes before tossing in the beans. Saute for another 2 minutes.
- 7Remove from the heat and toss in the almonds.
- 8Sprinkle with sea salt, drizzle with olive oil, and serve.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli and Green Bean Polka
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.8
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 60.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 14.9 g