Adding crunchy cashews and fresh almonds to broccoli and beans is a really great way of serving these two simple green vegetables. It makes you want to eat them for ever.
- Fill a large bowl half full with cold water and drop in a few handfuls of ice cubes,set aside.
- Plunge the broccoli florets into a large pan of salted boiling water, bring the water back to the boil, and simmer for 1 minute.
- Drain and refresh in the iced water.
- Repeat with the beans, then drain both vegetables and dry them on a cloth.
- Put the oil in a wok or large, non-stick frying pan and set over a high heat. When you can just see a haze rising add the cashews and toss until browned.
- Add the broccoli and saute for 2 minutes before tossing in the beans. Saute for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and toss in the almonds.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, drizzle with olive oil, and serve.