Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Holiday Side Dishes From Woman's World Magazine 11/23/04. No one will believe this yummy dish, topped with a creamy Gouda sauce, starts with a packet of sauce mix.
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 5 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package cheddar cheese, sauce mix
- 12 ounces smoked gouda cheese, grated, 3 cups
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. In pot of salted, boiling water cook broccoli and cauliflower until tender, 5-6 minutes; drain. Transfer to ungreased 2-quart baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in pot over low heat melt butter. Add leek and garlic; cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, 3 minutes. Add wine; cook 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium; stir in milk and sauce mix. Bring to boil, stirring. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in 2 cups cheese. Pour sauce over vegetables; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil until cheese is melted.