Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Got this from a show on the A.B.C. As we are family of Broccoli lovers, I tried this for something different, and the family enjoyed it so much. Easy and so quick and a great side dish to any meal.
- 1 cut and blanched head of broccoli
- 100 g butter
- 2.46 ml virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 50 g roasted sliced almonds
- flaked sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Whilst broccoli is still hot from blanching,heat the butter and extra virgin olive oil in a pan until a light brown colour.(Using olive oil inhibits the burning of butter).
- Add roasted almond flakes and toss.
- Place blanched broccoli in pan.
- Pour over with juice of the lemon, and use seasonings to taste.
Made this for dinner tonight thinking it would be a family favorite, but instead I had some family members say that they would have loved the dish without butter, and others saying they loved the butter but not the lemon juice. I plan on making it again however; but with a little less butter and lemon juice to see what they think. Made and reviewed for the 46th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
WOW great side dish! I had this ready so quickly and the flavour was delicious! I reduced the butter but I think it didn't take away from the recipe. Served the broccoli with BULGOGI (marinated grilled beef) - Thank you Tisme for a great recipe.
We are also broccoli lovers and this was fast and dressed up to go with a broiled fish. PERFECT! I used more like half and half olive oil/butter, and probably some extra almonds (US translated to about 2 ounces, so I just guessed :) I'll be doing this one often! DH AND DD ate it all! I was hoping for some for lunch!