Recipe by Marz
This is a Brazilian dessert...it is super popular in Brazil. The brigadeiros (you can find a few of these recipes already posted on this site) are a smaller version of this dessert. This is the bigger version....a cross between flan and chocolate pudding. You have to bake this in baine marie...meaning the baking pan must be submerged into a larger pan (I use a turkey roasting pan) filled about 1/5 full of boiling water. Then you place the whole thing in the oven to bake. This creates a more delicate baking process.
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, cooled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lower the baking rack to the bottom one third of the oven.
- Fill a kettle with water and boil water.
- Spray the bottom and sides of a tube pan.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and beat with an electric beater until completely combined (about 6 minutes).
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Fill a larger pan about 1/3 full (I use a turkey roaster pan) with the BOILING water. Place the filled tube pan in the roasting pan with boiling water. The water level should hit about half way up the side of the tube pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until firm. Cool completely on a rack. Refrigerate the pan for about 3 hours before unmolding it on the serving platter. Once unmolded, decorate the brigadeirao with a generous amount of chocolate sprinkles (about 1 cup worth).