Recipe by Kimschmee
I found this recipe on the web but don't remember where..... BUT I can tell you, you will die and go to heaven when you bite into this sandwich.....
- 9 ounces brie cheese or 9 ounces d'affinois cheese, cut into 12 thin slices
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices thin sliced ham
- 12 slices white bread
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Assemble six sandwiches, each with one slice of ham and two slices of cheese between two slices of bread. Cut each sandwich into quarters.
- Heat half of the melted butter in a large nonstick pan on medium heat, swirling to coat bottom of pan.
- Dip half of the sandwich quarters into the egg and milk mixture, turning to coat. Immediately place in preheated pan, and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melting. Repeat with remaining butter and sandwiches. Serve hot.