Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this appetizer over the holidays or any day! Many substitutions can be made in layering ingredients, such as basil, preserves, pesto, chopped nuts, or ham.
- 2 lbs brie cheese (about 1 wheel)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- With a nylon fishing line or unflavored dental floss, cut the wheel of Brie into three crosswise layers.
- On the bottom layer place a very thin layer of smoked salmon, then chopped dill.
- Place the second layer of cheese directly on the first and repeat the process.
- Finish with the top layer.
- Coat the entire outside of the torte with chopped dill.
- Wrap in plastic and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- To serve, cut the torte in half to show the layers and allow your guests to cut their own portions.