Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Although I'm not sure of the origin of the name, this was the main dish served at my wedding rehearsal dinner. My mother-in-law had made it for me one time I was visiting and I have loved it ever since. Although, not a low-fat, low-cal dish, it's a great way to use the left-over Thanksgiving turkey.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree (F).
- Combine all ingredients together, except for crackers and butter. Make sure mixture is well moistened. Add more sour cream or cream of mushroom soup if not moist enough; more turkey if there is too much sour cream and mushroom soup.
- Pour into greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix together crackers and melted butter. Place cracker mixture on top of turkey mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until topping is browned.
This is delicious! I didn't have any Ritz crackers, so left that out. I added salt, pepper and 1 t of Spanish Paprika and a little onion powder, then served this over egg noodles. I make a similar version with the addition of one small can of chopped chilies and a couple chopped green onions, then roll the mixture up in flour tortillas and bake. It's all delicious!!