Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Grill Mates Backyard Brew Marinade and beer add unmistakable flavor and moistness to burgers. Serve with red onions caramelized with brown sugar and chipotle chile pepper for a smoky finish.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large red onion, thinly slices (2 cups)
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) packagemccormick grill mate backyard brew marinade, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mccormick gourmet collection chipotle chili pepper
- 1⁄3 cup plus 2 tablespoons beer, divided
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 lettuce leaves (optional)
- 6 tomatoes, slices (optional)
- condiments (optional)
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions, 1 teaspoon of the Marinade mix and chipotle chile pepper; cook and stir 7 to 8 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Add 2 tablespoons of the beer and sugar; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until beer has evaporated. Set aside.
- Mix remaining marinade mix, remaining 1/3 cup beer and Worcestershire sauce in large bowl until well blended. Add ground beef; mix lightly. Shape into 6 patties.
- Grill over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked through (internal temperature of 160°F). Add cheese slices to burgers 1 minute before cooking is completed. Toast rolls on the grill, open-side down, about 30 seconds or until golden. Serve burgers on toasted rolls with caramelized onions. Garnish with desired toppings and condiments.