Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Grill Mates Backyard Brew Marinade and beer add unmistakable flavor and moistness to burgers. Serve with red onions caramelized with brown sugar and chipotle chile pepper for a smoky finish.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large red onion, thinly slices (2 cups)
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) packagemccormick grill mate backyard brew marinade, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mccormick gourmet collection chipotle chili pepper
- 1⁄3 cup plus 2 tablespoons beer, divided
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 lettuce leaves (optional)
- 6 tomatoes, slices (optional)
- condiments (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions, 1 teaspoon of the Marinade mix and chipotle chile pepper; cook and stir 7 to 8 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Add 2 tablespoons of the beer and sugar; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until beer has evaporated. Set aside.
- Mix remaining marinade mix, remaining 1/3 cup beer and Worcestershire sauce in large bowl until well blended. Add ground beef; mix lightly. Shape into 6 patties.
- Grill over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked through (internal temperature of 160°F). Add cheese slices to burgers 1 minute before cooking is completed. Toast rolls on the grill, open-side down, about 30 seconds or until golden. Serve burgers on toasted rolls with caramelized onions. Garnish with desired toppings and condiments.