Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a rich candy-like treat that is a snap to make, and the results are delicious. No fussing around with a candy thermometer and softball stage or any of that stuff. Simple and tasty, made from Breton crackers (unusual but good).
- 28 dare breton crackers
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (300 g) package semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup chopped nuts
- Completely line 13x9-inch (3.5L) baking pan with foil.
- Arrange a single layer of crackers over bottom of pan.
- Arrange a second layer of crackers to cover spaces between crackers in first layer. (It will be necessary to break some crackers in half so that the entire bottom of pan is covered.)
- In medium saucepan combine sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat; pour evenly over crackers in pan.
- Bake in 400F (200C) oven 5 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- When chips are soft, spread over top.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Chill until chocolate is set.
- Break into pieces to serve.
- Store in refrigerator.
Very tasty I used Mini Breton bites they worked better than the bigger crackers
Yummmmm. That is all I can say!
This is fabulous and so easy. In a pinch if you don't have Breton Crackers you can successfully substitute soda crackers, club crackers or graham crackers. It will taste a little different but still delicious.