Recipe by AshK
I like to take some help from canned foods in the evenings after work. By adding some fresh ingredients, it makes everything delicious and easy. These potatoes are a breeze to make and still Weight Watchers friendly.
Top Review by Annacia
I'm so sorry but this just didn't turn out the way I had hoped. First, I tagged this in Newest Tag Game on the ingredients and Nutrition Facts. When you get to step 8 in the instructions it says to cover with cheese and there is no cheese listed in the ingredients. Since I had begun making it I continued and topped the potato's, mushrooms and onions with the sour cream mix, of which there wasn't nearly enough for this purpose. It ended up with watery mushroom juice in the bottom of the dish and a bit of tasty but baked dry sour cream mix on top. I used tiny, bite sized, Yukon Gold's left whole in place of canned potato's.
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons French onion soup mix
- 2 (15 ounce) cans potatoes, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms (I prefer Baby Bellas)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion (whites and greens)
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Mix the milk, sour cream and french onion soup together and set aside to rest.
- Spray small skillet with cooking oil and lightly sauté green onion for 2-3 minutes then add the garlic and sauté a minute more.
- Spray 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch baking dish with cooking oil.
- Dump potatoes into casserole.
- Add green onion/garlic mixture.
- add mushrooms.
- Cover with cheese.
- Dollop sour cream mixture over the top.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and allow sauce to reduce a bit in the oven about 5-10 minutes more.
- Remove from oven, stir and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Approximately 2.5 points per serving.