Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
In 'Snow Country Cooking' by Diane Rossen Worthington/Williams-Sonoma
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup instant polenta
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- In a saucepan over med-high heat, combine the milk and vanilla and bring to a boil.
- Add the polenta; decrease heat to med-low, and stir continuously with a wooden spoon until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the brown sugar, mixing well.
- Spoon into cereal bowls and top with the brown sugar and sour cream, dividing them equally.
- Serve immediately.