Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
This make a quick single serving breakfast. DD likes to add shredded turkey instead of bacon.
Make and share this Breakfast Pitas recipe from Food.com.
Plain egg pita
- 2 pita breads (6 or 7 inch)
- 2 wedges Laughing Cow cheese
- 3 eggs, scrambled & cooked
- 4 -6 tablespoons shredded monterey jack cheese
- diced onion
- diced green pepper
- diced tomato
- 2 -3 slices bacon (or some other meat topping)
- Variation 1: Add the vegetables to the egg while you are cooking it.
- Variation 2: Add the meat topping to the pita after the eggs & before the cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread 1 cheese wedge on each pita. Divide the eggs among the pitas then sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
This is avery easy and tasty breakfast I used peppers and mushrooms with the eggs great
Deserves more than 5! This is a quick and easy breakfast before work! We used diced green chili's and that is it! Thanks for posting!
What a yummy breakfast idea. I made mine Mexican. I used all light and low fat ingredients. My veggies were green onion, poblano chili and some diced jalapeno pepper. I topped it with hot salsa. I picked up some pocket less pita bread by mistake and this is the perfect use for them. Thanks for posting. :)