1/4 Photos of Breakfast Pita Pizza
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
This simple dish is both delicious and easy to make. You can also top this with your favorite homemade or store-bought salsa. I found this recipe in an AARP email. I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but it sounds delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 small finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 teaspoons ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (6 inch) whole wheat pita bread, cut in half and lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup grated sharp low-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 slices pancetta or 1 slice bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1In a medium nonstick frying pan, heat the olive oil.
- 2Add the onion and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Add the red pepper and continue to cook for another 3 minutes or until the pepper begins to soften.
- 4Add eggs and gently scramble until just cooked.
- 5Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- 6Preheat the broiler or toaster oven.
- 7Divide the egg mixture between the pita halves.
- 8Top each pita with half the cheese and half the pancetta or bacon.
- 9Toast in toaster oven or under a broiler until the cheese just begins to melt.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Pita Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.3
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 188.9 mg
- Sodium 856.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: