Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I received while in an MSN Group for people who have had Weight Loss Surgery.
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat an 8 x 8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cut into 9 squares.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a skillet, and fry the pieces until they are brown on bother sides.
- Serve with your favorite topping.
This is a very good, low-carb substitute for French toast. I served with low-carb syrup and bacon. Nice change for breakfast. Refrigerated leftovers and microwaved til hot. Just as good. Easy to make, too.