Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Easy make ahead breakfast
- 1 (26 ounce) bag frozen hash browns
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 16 ounces sausage
- salt and pepper
- 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Spray crock pot and evenly spread hash browns at the bottom.
- 2. Crack 12 eggs in a large bowl.
- 3. Mix well (and slowly) using a whisk.
- 4. Add the milk.
- 5. Go ahead and sprinkle in the ground mustard. This might sound like a weird ingredient, but I've come to love (and use) this in most of my recipes.
- 6. Add plenty of salt --.
- -- and lots of fresh pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- 7. Cook the sausage on high heat, drain and set aside.
- 8. Add sausage on top of hash browns.
- 9. Is this enough cheese? Maybe? Probably. Throw the whole big bag in there.
- 10. Mix it up well. Or good, depending on where you're from.
- 11. Pour the egg mixture over everything in the crock pot. Using a wood spoon, even everything out so it's spread evenly.
- 12. Turn the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.