Recipe by grantg
An easy refreshing breakfast smoothie that has enough protein to last all morning without hunger. CHOCOLATE, but can be made without chocolate with just a bit of tweaking. Fruit(s) used can be varied because most fruit goes better with chocolate... lol!
- 1 banana, ripe & cut into pieces (reserve 3 slices for top garnish if desired)
- 1 cup ice, crushed or 6 -7 large ice cubes
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup vanilla low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup strong black coffee, cold (strong recommended, or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate hazelnut spread or 1 tablespoon other nut butter
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons artificial sweetener, to taste (2 packets of choice... or non-sugar options)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free whipped topping, top garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in the pitcher of a blender & PULSE until ice is cracked into small chunks.
- Then blend about a minute or two until smooth (and no ice chunks float to top of the smoothie).
- If any chunks survive to float to top, simply remove them.
- Pour into a large tumbler 12 ounce tumbler -- might have a little left over. Garnish with fruit and whipped cream if desired.
- Note: Other fruits can be used by substituting about 1 cup of fruit for the banana. Also can add 2T of soluble fiber if more fiber content is desired.