Recipe by hennypenny49
I found this in a book called Cooking with Cornelius Thought I might share with everyonr
Top Review by NorthwestGal
These were great. They took me a little longer to make than the recipe specified for preparation, but that might be because I worked at a leisurely pace when cooking. But the breading was quite flavorful, and the zucchini baked up quite nicely. Thank you for sharing your recipe, chef 940807. Made for Fall 2012 Pick-A-Chef.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs zucchini (about 3 )
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup bread, crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4 inch thick circles or cut into strips.
- Mix the mayonnaise, and egg together , and dip each zucchini slice into mixture.
- Mix the bread crumbs and pepper together and parmesan cheese and spread this mixture out on a flat plate.
- Press each zucchini slice into the bread mixture, coating both sides.
- Arrange the coated slices on a slightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 monutes.
- Turn once.
- The zucchini should be tender no the inside but crisp on the outside.