Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe that just popped out to me from my Tapa Recipe book. I love Spanish food! Delicious European flavors....yum! :)
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 100 g flour
- 14.79 ml basil, chopped (or ground)
- oil, for frying
- salt and pepper
- Wash and slice the tomatoes in thick slices. Season them.
- Mix the basil with the breadcrumbs.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Dry the tomatoes with paper towels. Pass the tomatoes through the flour, the egg and the breadcrumbs (in this order).
- Fry in enough oil (or use a deep fryer) until golden.
- Set on a paper towel to remove excess oil and serve hot.