Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adopted from Kraft Magazine. A nice change of pace from the standard baked breaded chicken. Usually I don't worry about how to serve a dish but they recommended making a really light dressing and placing the chicken on a bed of spinach leaves with this dressing. It was yummy and I'm glad I took that extra step.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halves (1.25 lbs)
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade, divided
- 1 (1/3 ounce) envelope Shake-n-Bake, crispy coating mix
- 1⁄4 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Spread chicken breasts with 2 tbls of the marmalade.
- Empty coating mix into shallow dish and add chicken, turning to evenly coat both sides.
- Place chicken in a 13x9" baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (180°F).
- Mix dressing and remaining marmalade and add to spinach; tossing to coat.
- Place spinach evenly on 4 serving plates.
- Place one chicken breast on each plate and add mandarin oranges around the edges of the plate, if desired.
Dinner doesn't get any easier than this, and delicious too. No chopping, fussing -- what a timesaver for a busy night. My son loves crunchy coatings, so I pressed as much coating as I could onto his piece, and put the amount called for in the recipe on mine and DH's. After they were done cooking, I tested both and much preferred the chicken without the double coating. I felt it was moister and I could taste the marmalade a lot more than my son's piece. My husband loved what he called the "tangy and spicy" taste of the dressing on the spinach -- the zesty Italian salad dressing and the orange marmalade work really well together. Thanks for sharing this great recipe that I can count on to please the family and also to get dinner on the table in a jiffy.
I managed to serve 5 adults with this recipe, but then I also used 4 very large chicken breasts & then cut them into thirds ~ Otherwise the recipe was followed right on down, & we had A REALLY GREAT TASTING CHICKEN DINNER! I especially appreciated the combo of marmalade & mandarin oranges! Thanks for a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a thank you for one of the fellow hosts in the current round of PAC]