Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
DH goes Bullhead fishing and brings me home fish to make so I figured I better find something good to do to it! Bullhead is not fishy tasting it's most like haddock. you really can use any fish fillet you want.
- 1 tablespoon dry onion soup mix, stir before measuring
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons light margarine, melted
- lemon, rind of, twists (optional)
- combine soup mix with sour cream ina small bowl mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and paprika ina separate bowl or on waxed paper.
- dip filletsinsour cream mixture, roll in crumb mixtureto coat completely arrange in singlr layer in a greased shallow baking dish drizzle with margarine bake in 500 oven for 10 to 12 minutes until fish flakes easily when you test it witha fork garnish witha lemon peel.
I made this last evening with flounder filets. I followed the recipe to a T except I drizzled olive oil over the filets instead of the margarine. I have never enjoyed a fish dish that I've made at home until now.. I will definitely make this dish again! Easy to make and leftovers for lunch!
Oh, Bri22! This is just wonderful...living in Norway, I have no idea what "Bullhead" fish is, so I used cod filets. It was absolutely wonderful! Other than that, I followed the recipe as submitted. With it I prepared something of what Americans call AuGraten potatoes, and grated, raw carrots plus sliced European cucumbers in a sweet/sour brine. Yum! No left-overs for DH and me. Thank you so much for this easy, yummy idea on how to prepare fish!