Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I started out to make these I really couldn,t believe they would taste like a biscuit but they really do and they are delicious and especially easy to make in a bread maker.
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 1⁄2 cups white flour (can substitute 1/2 cup whole wheat)
- 3 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Put in bread machine in order given.
- Process on dough setting of your bread machine.
- When dough is ready roll to 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out with rim of glass.
- Place on buttered cookie sheet and let rise till double in bulk.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
These are easy, but I didn't really think they tasted that much like biscuits, more like rolls.
These have a nice eggy flavor. I think I overbaked them and will pay more attention next time I make them.