Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mother gave me this recipe and I adapted it to my bread machine. Great for using those strawberry preserves.
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry preserves or 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- Add first 8 ingredients to bread machine.
- Select dough cycle.
- When cycle is complete, remove and punch dough down.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- Grease an 11x7x11/2 inch baking pan.
- Pat 2/3 of dough into pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients and spread over dough.
- Roll remaining dough into an 13 x 7 inch rectangle.
- Cut into 1/2 inch wide strips.
- Weave strips in a lattice pattern over filling.
- Trim excess dough.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- (Cover with foil the last 10 minutes if needed to prevent over-browning).
Winter Tag 2007 Made this for breakfast bread. This is a simple and tasteful bread. Reminded me of the old fashioned bread my YiaYia would make for Sunday breakfasts (minus the lattice) I love that I can do this in an ABM and still have bakery tastes. Very simple to put together although I need to work on my lattice designs. LOL after cooking they looked off center and fat in some areas and not in others. This did not take away from the tastes. I did sprinkle cinnamin and sugar on top when warm from the oven. YUMMY. I want to try this with blueberry and other jams as well. Thank you!