Recipe by mary winecoff
This bread is rich in butter, eggs and cardamon and full of golden raisins and almonds. I set my bread machine to "crust light".
Top Review by **Mandy**
The cardomom in this is very subtle, I wish I could have added the nuts & raisins to mine but I had visitors & missed the "beep" so mine was just cardomom bread, lovely with jam too. Oh I forgot to mention I used coconut milk powder as I only realised at the last minute that I didn't have any skim milk powder, still worked a treat & went well with the cardomom too.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- All ingredients must be at room temperature. Add ingredients in your bread machine owner's manual. (Mine says add liquids first).
- Add fruit and nuts at the appropriate moment. (Mine beeps).
- Set bread machine on basic bread making setting. Crust light.
- If desired, dust bread with confectioners' sugar after bread has cooled.