Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Always on the look out for breads to have in the morning. This is one of my husbands favorites. A golden soft textured bread, enjoy.
- 1 cup water, 70-80 degrees
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Put ingredients beginning with water through yeast in bread machine, in order given.
- Select sweet bread cycle, with medium crust color and loaf size if available.
- Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing and add 1-2 tbl. water or flour, if needed.
- Just before final knead, at beep, add apricots and nutmeg.
Delicious bread! I started making it a couple of hours before I went to bed so that I could add the fruit and nutmeg and then let it bake over night. What a wonderful aroma to wake up to! It is a nice change from the usual raisin bread.